Who we are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
We are looking for passionate and driven engineering leaders to build high performance engineering teams responsible for powering our platform architectures. In this strategic role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across the business who include Engineering, Product and Executive Leadership. Your impact will drive efforts to tackle some of the most challenging problems we face as we continue to create a best-in-class shopping experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Be a leader of leaders. Inspire and motivate teams
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization
- Maintain a high bar that is consistent with company standards
- Create and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant and lasting impact
- Show a passion for innovation and results
- Work with product teams, engineering leadership and the executive business owners
- Lead organizations related to advertising technology, operational engineering, supply chain engineering, storefront or infrastructure engineering
What You'll Need
- Strong history of building and leading engineering and product teams that can innovate rapidly and scale with the business
- 10+ years of experience in engineering leadership
- Previous track record of individual contribution within software engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to build
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.