At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
What You'll Do
- Raise the bar for experience design at Wayfair
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction as needed
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of UX design experience - a big plus if you have experience with online software and tools
- 2+ years of Information Architecture experience
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that have unclear direction or unknown variables
- Experience creating or using modular design systems and pattern libraries
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.