Who We Are:
Wayfair offers a zillion things home and is reinventing the way people shop for their homes. The Merchandising department onboards and maintains the vast product catalog, developing strategies to effectively guide our customers through this large selection and help them find exactly what they need. We are looking for a highly analytical, disciplined, and execution-oriented leader for our North America Merchandising Analytics team. The Merch Analytics team serves as a central counterpart for all Merchandising teams and develops analytics products, on both a stand-alone basis as well as jointly with build partners including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Competitive Intelligence and Product Management.
The ideal candidate brings structured thinking, a strong bias for action, and the technical skills required to develop new analytics products. We value people and project leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where thought leadership, a collaborative spirit, and great communication skills are especially critical. We welcome applications from across a range of backgrounds and experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Align with the existing leadership team refine and develop the analytics roadmap for the department’s most important initiatives, translating complex business problems into specific questions that can be answered through data-driven analysis.
- Drive progress against the roadmap and anticipate future needs by proactively developing new analytics products. Partner with stakeholders to identify requirements, obtain buy-in for methodology, architect, develop, and then integrate solutions into daily operational processes.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Merchandising business partners and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Merchandising leadership as well as build partners including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Competitive Intelligence, and Product Management.
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations so your insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Lead, grow, and develop a team of Analysts
- Holistically own one of the newly formed Merch Analytics “pods” such as:
- Best-in-Class Analytics - owns KPIs, data, and reporting for our catalog of 14 million products. Example project: re-architecting the data model and dashboard for “Voice of the Customer” data (i.e. reviews, returns, NPS, etc.)
- Factory Operations Analytics - owns KPIs, data, and reporting for Merchandising Operations with a focus on speed, cost, and quality. Example project: developing robust data-model and reporting on the processes involved in adding new products to Wayfair.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional experience in management consulting, technology or other highly analytical roles
- A strong academic record with a background in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative field preferred
- Organized and process-oriented with strong communication skills and the talent to multitask in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong technical aptitude and business acumen with demonstrated experience leveraging data from a multitude of sources to solve complex problems, tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, and roadblocks with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Experience with SQL or other database technologies and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Technical proficiency in Python, R, Tableau preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.