About the Team:
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner at revolutionary company, where you’ll contribute to complex business cases?
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods, using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
The 3D Operations team is a rapidly growing team at Wayfair and one of Wayfair’s top initiatives. For ecommerce, images sell products, however the traditional method of creating images in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other leaders in the industry to disrupt the imagery space and shift the industry towards the creation of computer-generated 3D product models and rooms that can be combined to create imagery for products at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost. These 3D models also enable the new way of shopping for customers through exciting AR/VR initiatives.
Wayfair is shifting the industry towards 3D and we’re just getting started. Since this is a new area, expertise in 3D modeling or 3D imagery is not a requirement. If you are driven by making a large impact and redefining the industry, then this is the right team for you.
The 3D Operations team is looking for an organized and forward-thinking Senior Manager to own and drive the 3D Merch Services Account Management work stream. Applicants for the Account Manager role must be ready to develop strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders to optimize our operations processes and drive big results. Strong, clear communication skills and relationship management experience are a must. Sales background is also beneficial.
What You’ll Do:
- Working cross-functionally across levels to identify and execute on 3D Merch Service opportunities
- Driving recommendations for and execution of strategic 3D initiatives
- Evaluating opportunities and executing projects to continuously increase process efficiency
- Evaluating opportunities to strategically expand client scope
- Tracking and communicating process efficiency, and client funnel generation to senior leadership
- Creating project and program-level reports to summarize progress for stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders to align on strategic growth initiatives with clients and 3D merchandising
- Partner with product managers to develop technology tools to establish and improve new and existing process
- Optimization of existing processes/creation of new process which will span work with category management, merchandising, engineers, product managers, and 3D modeling factory
- Perform analyses to guide strategic decisions of the team
- Strategize future initiatives to streamline workflows
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
You’d be a great fit if you’re any combination of the following:
You believe in failing fast, learning, testing and iterating. You’re ambitious and routinely bite off more than you can chew. You’re flexible, humble, and confident and are a stellar cross-functional partner across product and creative teams. No 3D experience necessary, but an interest in and experience with cutting edge technology is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.