Associate Director, Supply Chain Integration
The global Supply Chain Integration (SCI) team sits at the core of Wayfair’s business. SCI facilitates the exchange of information with over 7,000 suppliers through millions of individual daily data feeds. We aspire to build real-time, automated and accurate data feeds across all suppliers to support mission critical business processes such as inventory, purchase orders, order tracking and invoicing. The technical sophistication of our suppliers spans a wide spectrum, complicating the SCI mission. As Wayfair grows, we need to be ahead of the curve in defining, building and implementing future-proof integrations with our suppliers. The integration management function within SCI works with our vast network of suppliers to design, deploy and manage all integrations. In addition, this team is responsible for driving the adoption of strategic Wayfair initiatives through our supplier base.
As the Associate Director of Supply Chain Integration, you will be responsible for leading and building the Integration Management team. You will oversee the existing team of supplier-facing implementation managers and advanced implementation specialists. You will also be responsible for defining the strategic direction for this team and scaling this team to support current and future Wayfair needs. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial mindset, strong team leadership and communication skills, is skilled at interacting with third parties, and understands how to drive results in a fast paced rapidly growing company. This position has high visibility with our senior leadership and candidates must possess a strong executive presence. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working within a matrix organization, where communication, influencing others and prioritization are as valued as much as project execution and opportunity identification.
What You'll Do
- Design, lead and scale the integration management team, including supplier-facing integration managers, implementation specialists, project managers and support teams
- Build and scale our advanced implementation team to ensure that Wayfair can systematically scope, manage and deploy strategic initiatives throughout our supplier base
- Build relationships with our suppliers and collaborate with them to help improve their operational performance by leveraging Wayfair’s technology and integrations
- Work with our product and engineering teams to design and build our next generation of suppliers' connectivity technologies, and work with our monitoring teams to ensure these connections function
- Collaborate with our self-service, product and engineering teams in the development of our next-generation of supplier self-service tools
- Define and build a menu of “Wayfair preferred” connectivity options to suggest to suppliers
- Act as a core leader and contributor to the development of tools and processes which make our teams and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Travel includes visiting supplier warehouses and attending trade shows
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of work experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing multi-level teams including success building and scaling teams
- The ability to think both creatively and critically—willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- The ability to effectively partner, influence and generate loyalty with customers (suppliers)
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous, entrepreneurial and subjective environment that balances operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer and supplier.
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking._
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.