Senior Product Manager - Operations Dashboards and Reporting
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products
At Wayfair, fulfillment is at the forefront of our competitive advantage. The Warehouse Outbound team is developing capabilities to empower operations managers to make better decisions. We are doing this by developing the next generation reporting and dashboarding platform. This is a distinct competitive advantage for Wayfair and one that will be a main driver to our future growth and success. Wayfair is seeking an individual that enjoys developing a strong vision as well as breaking down complex problems into small, actionable solutions and partnering cross-functionally to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class solutions. As a Senior Product Manager - Operational Dashboards and Reporting you will be responsible for building a platform that provides real-time visibility into the operations to drive more informed decisions by warehouse managers..
You must be able to translate quantitative and qualitative data into insights and strategy to drive product development roadmap. Communicate these insights effectively and work closely with UX Design, Engineering, and Warehouse Operators to deliver new features at a fast pace. You will own the end-to-end life cycle of the product including requirements gathering/documentation, prioritization, implementation and measuring results.
What you’ll do:
- Build an understanding of complex operational and logistical processes and drive the product roadmap
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Develop a deep understanding of our operation tools leveraged by Ops Manager
- Develop a product vision / strategy for our reporting and dashboard platform into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Maintain a team culture that embraces strong cross-functional partnership and willingness to take risk
- Build strong relationships with Industrial Engineering, Operations, and Development teams to build best-in-class capabilities
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years experience in product management and 1+ year managing product associates or related experience.
- Strong knowledge logistics, operations, or supply chain space preferred
- Experience working with UX and define journey maps and user personas
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Examples of success in aligning a vision, and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building functional teams and engaging user experiences
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- BA or BS (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Experience in warehousing, fulfillment, logistics, or supply chain is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.