Product Manager - Supply Chain Visibility
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Visibility team aims to create end-to-end visibility in order to identify problems and drive action to improve supply chain metrics. Product managers in this group will work cross-functionally with engineers, operations, and other product managers to understand how our operations are measured and what levers we can move to improve overall operations. This requires cross-functional alignment with various other groups, such as fulfilment centers, transportation, yard, order management, and inventory planning. This is an exciting project with high potential impact.
What You'll Do
- Work with our partners in operations, engineering, and product management to identify areas of opportunity, define problems and solutions, create roadmaps, and drive execution.
- Understand workflows and pain points of internal field teams, such as warehouse supervisors, and define solutions to meet their needs.
- Build business cases to support new initiatives and help prioritize team objectives.
- Own a major problem area and drive its roadmap.
- Work with executive stakeholders to define problems and set expectations.
- Work with engineering team to define solutions and execute roadmap.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years Product Management experience and a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelors degree
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Demonstrated experience using data to develop baseline metrics for success for product releases
- A strongly collaborative mindset and effectiveness in a cross-functional environment
- The ability to manage through ambiguity and adversity to establish strategy and deliver against business goals in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Experience in warehousing, manufacturing, data analytics, data visualization, and/or dashboards and reporting, is a plus, but not required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.