We're looking to add a talented Copy Lead to our European Creative Team; a literary leader who is ambitious, data-driven and empowered by the effect impactful prose can have on our customers. We need someone who is obsessive about details whilst still focusing on the long-term copy strategy of our unique brand. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high, with even higher expectations for quality.
As the leader of our European Copy Team, you will own the European strategy while also supervising copywriters’ work across multiple B2C and B2B channels. Shaping the European voice will be your bread and butter, with your decisions having a direct impact on the success of our quickly expanding business. This is a highly visible and exciting role in which you can not only expand your own linguistic finesse, but that of those around you
What you'll do
- Develop and implement copy strategy for both the UK and DE markets
- Scale a multi-lingual copy team to support the quickly growing EU business
- Own and drive our European Tone of Voice while making decisions based on data
- Manage and develop a team of many passionate copywriters
- Maintain a strong creative vision and constructive partnership with marketing leaders
- Create testing plans to continuously monitor, analyse and improve performance
- Work hand-in-hand with EU Marketing and design leaders to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Communicate seamlessly with cross-functional partners
What you'll need
- Fluent in English, other EU languages advantageous
- University qualification in, copywriting, marketing, creative writing, communications or similar
- Extensive experience (full-time) in agencies, e-commerce or similar
- Proven experience in leading and developing a diverse team
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the effortless ability to multitask
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.