Wayfair is building its own digital freight forwarder unit, called the International Supply Chain (ISC), offering ocean supply chain services (Asia consolidation, ocean freight and drayage) for its suppliers. Ocean and Drayage refers to all activities involved from shipping a container from origin port till it reaches Wayfair’s warehouse. Along with Asia consolidation ,the goal of this unit is to re-define the freight forwarding experience and bring digital solutions to reduce cost in the supply chain, increase supply chain visibility and offer cost predictability to the supplier. After having successfully piloted and scaled this business in the US, Wayfair EU is doing the same in building this new but highly visible business line.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the overall P&L for ocean freight & drayage in EU
- Manage end to end sales process with suppliers
- Coordinate with central ops team in US and local ops in EU to ensure smooth supplier experience
- Identify and develop right business tools (with relevant cross-functional teams) to support scale up
- Support in select strategic activities such as identifying & signing on new business partners, pricing strategies, and market research (not exhaustive)
- Build capability within supplier account management to independently manage ISC sales pipeline for their suppliers
- Build and scale business processes for new products/business opportunities
- Identify key business metrics for reporting and layout process for regular and accurate reporting
What You'll Need
- Experience in ocean freight sales either as part of an ocean liner AND/OR freight forwarder
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in an fast moving environment with certain level of ambiguity
- Good experience in negotiations/sales processes with external suppliers/vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German – confident, assertive and influencing
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit suppliers in EU markets
- Willingness to travel to US and Asia to meet for working with international colleagues of ISC
- Bachelor's degree (or) Master’s degree.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.