Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
Data Architects are hands-on technical leaders who architect, design and deliver Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Big Data Solution for multiple functional areas. They will define the solution roadmap, determine the resources needed to execute and lead the development and delivery of wide range of data products. They are strategic thinkers who collaborate with stakeholders and other senior leaders to understand the challenges and needs of the business areas they support. They combine a deep knowledge of their business area and technical mastery to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. They have knowledge of leading trends and best practices in Big Data and Business Intelligence and build expert level understanding of tools and technology utilized by the group to provide self-service BI. Our managers move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they deliver!
What you’ll do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other business analytics team leaders to define and develop the data architecture and data solution roadmap for the functional areas you support.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence.
- Lead initiatives to develop custom, self-service BI solutions to help solve complex business challenges we face every day.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Business Analytics organization.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit.
- Manage and mentor associates; ensure the team is being challenged, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the analytics organization through training, mentorship, and process innovation.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders and implementing end-to-end data solutions including data model, data pipelines and Business Intelligence products to solve complex business requirements.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema, Snowflake schema and Aggregation Techniques.
- Experience in development of custom built BI and big data reporting solutions using tools like Tableau, Qlik, OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
- Experience architecting database management systems with traditional and big data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB. Prior experience with databases 100TB+ highly desired.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
What we'd love to see (but isn't required):
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience with big data solution on major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.