We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Fulfillment team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class fulfillment network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based fulfillment centers. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the fulfillment center operations.
- Oversee the overall safety, employee engagement, collaboration, quality, performance and customer experience of the fulfillment center operations
- Create and maintain a strong safety culture that continuous seeks to eliminate risks from the operation
- Command a strong senior presence, lead and build a team of high performing operations managers & operations supervisors
- Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the fulfillment center to meet and exceed business plans
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company- wide, including transportation, S&OP, data integration, employee engagement, inventory planning, engineering and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Monitor and drive key performance end to end metrics to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to the organization
What You'll Need
- Experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process re-design
- 5+ years of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or logistics experience
- Strong process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and throughput in the operation
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan
- Proven ability as a passionate people-centric leader who can effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- Demonstrate passion and continued focus of safety as a value rather than just a priority
- Able to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize projects to delegate tasks appropriately
- Demonstrate leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operations
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Technologically savvy, collaborative confident leader, familiarity with google suite products a plus
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.