The Wayfair Analytics Infrastructure team develops and maintains the systems providing data and insights to thousands of users within Wayfair. They write high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (Python, Bash, Terraform, Powershell, Puppet, Salt). The team follows DevOps principles to recommend and implement infrastructure best practices in a diverse hybrid cloud environment processing petabytes of data. We work with a range of open-source, external, and internal applications with a focus on containers and scalability.
What You'll Do
- Aligning engineering roadmap & initiatives against existing infrastructure scaling need and/or new infrastructure need.
- Remove redundancy within software process and infrastructure with laser focused ‘automation’ mindset.
- Platform evangelist, able to build support for given technology
- Actively able to leverage automation and push devops culture
- Learn technical concepts quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Go to person for architectural design, keep business unit designed synced up with global design structure of the company.
- Design and restructure existing platform with latest technology for both development and production areas.
- Collaborate and work well within a team.
- Mentor junior engineers and help develop their skills while assisting them on projects.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience in systems and software engineering
- Hands-on experience with performance tuning, ETL and automation
- Capacity planning, for both horizontal and vertical scaling on a platform
- Network troubleshooting and concepts, such as proxy servers and load balancing
- Experience with monitoring software Datadog, ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Zabbix or any other Infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Linux, Bash, and general comfort with the command line
- Time series data platforms like Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB
- Experience with distributed systems like Kafka or Zookeeper as well as automation frameworks like Puppet or Chef
- Experience with troubleshooting complex distributed applications
- Experience with distributed systems, RESTful architectures and scalable, low-latency systems that provide high availability
- Experience in one or more programming languages used in infrastructure (Ruby, PHP, Python, Java, Go) as well as familiarity with version control
- Knowledge of Kafka, Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem of technologies or MySQL
- Experience with a container platform (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience managing a full application stack with high availability requirements.
- Involvement in some on-premise to cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy.
- Experience with public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, AZURE).
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science, Math or equivalent experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.