Specialist, Merchandising Operations
The Wayfair Merchandising Operations team is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process driven analyst to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online housewares and furniture catalog. This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and to support the management and growth of our enormous product catalog.
What You'll Do:
- Execute various merchandising operations projects as directed by the business strategy
- Identify project issues and present data-driven analysis to drive business and technology enhancements and solutions
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders in vertical merchandising, category management, 3D visualization, and external vendors on status and action plans for high-priority, high-impact projects
- Independently drive process, technical, and operational improvements. Quantify the impact of improvements on key metrics
- Drive customer satisfaction and trust by improving the quality of our product catalog leveraging tools, data and offshore resources effectively
What You'll Need:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with 1-year professional experience in an analytical role
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task several projects
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong work ethic and high energy
- Attention to detail and ability to catch errors & suggest solutions
- Proficiency with Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable working with and learning new technology
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data: experience with SQL / HTML / XML or other database language a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.