Who we are:
As a Senior Software Engineer on Release Engineering’s Independent Deploy team you will be responsible for owning the execution of large projects involving multiple teams and contributors. You will be a technical authority on multiple subject matters within the team’s focal areas, and lean on these strengths to educate the team and guide its efforts. While a strong DevOps skill set will be extremely useful, this is primarily a software development role and system administration is outside of the team's scope.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop intuitive development tooling that acts as a force multiplier for thousands of engineers
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other opportunities for education
- Advocate for best practices in continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, and release management
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to make our products and platforms even better!
What you’ll need:
- Positive experience autonomously collaborating with external teams
- Understanding of the role that configuration management software performs in a modern DevOps environment and experience working with it from the software development side
- A passionate interest in growing large-scale loosely-coupled ecosystems that deliver value - and keep delivering value - greater than the sum of their parts!
Extra credit: Experience writing code for configuration management software such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Powershell DSC, etc
- Extra credit: Experience with tooling specifically oriented towards distributed, containerized, automated ecosystems such as Consul, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Extra credit: Experience with 3rd party build and release products used by Wayfair: BuildKite, Gitlab CI, Octopus, Jenkins/Blue Ocean and/or experience administering a Git server instance (Github/Gitlab)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.