Analytics Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting-edge capabilities? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of Big Data’ assets? Would you enjoy being part of developing one of Wayfair’s crucial competitive advantages? Are you excited about the opportunity to become a thought leader on Wayfair’s rapidly evolving competitive landscape?
Competitive Intelligence focuses on optimizing Wayfair’s strategic positioning within the rapidly evolving competitive e-commerce landscape. This cross-functional and entrepreneurial team uses Big Data and cutting edge advanced analytics capabilities to build analytical products and identify insights that impact every major business function at the company; the unique, external market perspective brought by this team complements our robust internal data asset to guide Wayfair in making more informed decisions.
What You'll Do
- You will lead a team in the creation first-of-its kind, data-driven, dynamic tools and recommendations that enable key stakeholders throughout Wayfair to be more efficient, targeted and strategic in their day-to-day decisions
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- You will collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers to develop processes and productionize visualizations
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a relatively new team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.); MBA Preferred
- 4+ years of work experience at a consulting firm or technology startup in an analytical and/or client-facing role
- Strong quantitative skills; Demonstrated ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- SQL familiarity a plus, including motivation to learn and develop the skill-set
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.