We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- Manage inventory related functions across our distribution network to achievement of goals for operational metrics, including shipping time, order fill rate, inventory location, and count accuracy.
- Ensure that the annual objectives for cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness are achieved.
- Develop and manage strong leadership team and oversee: training and coaching, evaluation of all employees necessary to meet or exceed goals, and development of the work atmosphere.
- Ensure that safety, security, productivity, and satisfaction of employee align with company objectives.
- Manage warehouse inventory control programs and assure location and count accuracy meets our corporate requirements.
- Actively measure quality and strive for continuous improvement. Continually seek ways to improve the overall distribution process and identify best practices.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
What You’ll Need:
- Self-motivated and willing to drive process change. Active and engaged with teams in and out of an office setting
- Excellent WMS skills with the ability to understand all movement through the WMS.
- Ideally have both internal as well as 3PL experience understanding the impact of a multi-client DC environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; credible with internal stakeholders and external audiences; comfortable meeting with/presenting to executives and senior management.
- Solid analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a demanding schedule in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling warehouse related activities (MSDS, Equipment Checklist, BOL). Your team is always safe and efficient, setting the example for others to follow
- Travel is required to other sites in the region and beyond
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in distribution/management required
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Management.
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and the use of pivot tables.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.