Senior Strategy and Innovation Manager
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, highly quantitative, strategic thinker to join the leadership team for Wayfair’s fast-growing Renovation vertical.
At its core, Profit Management is focused on steering growth strategy and analytics across Wayfair’s categories, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. This tight-knit team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility. We leverage unique, proprietary, and massive datasets coupled with a constant flow of experimentation on consumer response to answer thorny strategic questions that guide go-to-market strategy.
This team directly manages Wayfair’s profitability via pricing and related algorithms to balance the delicate tradeoff between short- and long-term profit, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives. Strong candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, excited to analyze big data, and eager to engage as a thought leader while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners. All towards the goal to grow our Renovation business as quickly and profitably as possible.
What You'll Do
- Develop the growth strategy for a product class by working closely with cross functional teams to understand competitive dynamics and positioning, sales and margin impact, outlining operational initiatives, and ultimately executing on the path to profitability
- Evaluate the ROI of a newly proposed shipping policy by measuring and comparing short term conversion rate changes, long term customer lifetime value implications, and the financial cost
- Develop a framework for intelligently selling through aged inventory by leveraging many available levers (price, exposure on the website, inclusion in planned promotions) and accounting for various inputs in profitability
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- Experience leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing teams
- Strong communication skills – ability to summarize and share results with executives
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in SQL
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- MBA preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
About Wayfair Inc.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.