Senior Analyst, Profit Management
Who we are: Profit Management is focused on steering growth strategy and analytics across Wayfair’s categories, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. This team directly manages Wayfair’s profitability via dynamic pricing and product sorting algorithms to balance the delicate tradeoff between short- and long-term profit, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives. Our goal is to grow our lines of business as quickly and profitably as possible.
At its core, this role will be focused on steering growth strategy and analytics for a specific product line by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. Profit Management has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly control Wayfair’s dynamic pricing and product sorting algorithms to manage the tradeoff between short and long term profitability, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives.
- Leverage unique, proprietary, and massive datasets coupled with a constant flow of experimentation on consumer response to answer thorny strategic questions that guide go-to-market strategy.
What You’ll Need:
- A highly entrepreneurial mind-set with an excitement to analyze big data and engage as a thought leader while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners.
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders.
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or interest in learning SQL
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.