Product Manager, Design Services
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Product Manager for Design Services, you will help build one of our newest businesses. Design Services is Wayfair’s e-design service that connects interior designers with customers looking to create a home they love at an affordable price. This role will be responsible for optimizing the project experience to ensure that both Customer and Designer are enjoying the service, communicating effectively and set up to successfully achieve their goals for the project.
What You'll Do
- Own the roadmap for core feature development by generating ideas in collaboration with business stakeholders, developing a strong point of view backed by data, and thoughtfully scoping and prioritizing ideas
- Perform competitive analysis to understand growth opportunities for our product offering
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into actionable insights to improve the customer experience
- Advocate for our customers, championing fast, frictionless and delightful homepage experiences that are tailored to the unique needs of different customer segments
- Collaborate and coordinate with product design, analytics, engineering, manual testing, and business stakeholders to envision, build and deliver high-impact customer experiences
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record (strong preference towards technical, business, or scientific degrees)
- 4+ years’ work experience in customer-focused, analytically-rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with experience with mix of start-up and large-company experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passion for learning about new technologies
- Cross-functional leadership and communication experience
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and A/B testing practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.