Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Provide engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems and equipment (conveyors, sortation, robotics) that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Space planning and layout design proficiency (AutoCad)
- Provide change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Assist a team with the building and development of a network Labor Management System
- Perform ROI & operational audits
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering or a related field and 4+ years of experience and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to be detail oriented, highly results oriented, and proactive.
- A good technical background Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Travel required: 20 - 30%