Senior Analyst, Competitive Intelligence
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting-edge capabilities? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of Big Data’ assets? Would you enjoy being part of developing one of Wayfair’s crucial competitive advantages? Are you excited about the opportunity to become a thought leader on Wayfair’s rapidly evolving competitive landscape?
Competitive Intelligence focuses on optimizing Wayfair’s strategic positioning within the rapidly evolving competitive e-commerce landscape. This cross-functional and entrepreneurial team uses Big Data and cutting edge advanced analytics capabilities to build analytical products and identify insights that impact every major business function at the company; the unique, external market perspective brought by this team complements our robust internal data asset to guide Wayfair in making more informed decisions.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- You will collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers to develop processes and productionize visualizations
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a relatively new team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years of work experience at a consulting firm or technology startup in an analytical and/or client-facing role
- Strong quantitative skills; Demonstrated ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- SQL familiarity a plus, including motivation to learn and develop the skill-set
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.