Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working with designers implementing the interactive moments in the concerts. You will be the technical director for the software engineering team building the interactive virtual concerts at Wave. Software Engineers at Wave bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver the future of music to millions. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Music Lover
- Passion for live events
- Deliver software to creative and broadcast teams in a timely manner
- Manage engineers working on central services technologies, such as auth and chat
- Work with creative and broadcast management to ensure priorities are being met
- Setup processes to ensure servers are performant, and creative teams are able to determine what causes issues
- Work with VP of Eng to ensure that engineer staff is set up for success with effective working structures
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience planning, designing, developing, and delivering large scale platforms and products.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager leading software development teams.
- Is a strong leader with ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
- Proven track record of result-oriented leadership focusing on customer experience and delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment.
- Passion for leading and developing direct reports; providing guidance, consultation, and opportunities towards improving their professional skill set.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance, large-scale distributed and highly available services, and platforms.
- Game development background
- Passion for music and live events