Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working to bring interactive concerts at scale. Senior DevOps Engineers at Wave employ their knowledge of modern cloud architecture and CI/CD systems to facilitate the development, testing, deployment, configuration, monitoring, and improvement of Wave products and services. You will help the DevOps team improve the Wave developer experience, ensure fast deployments, encourage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles, and push ownership of software lifecycle to the developers that know it best. You will also research new technologies, software, and 3rd party providers and make recommendations to stakeholders.
This is a direct hire, full time opportunity. We are not interested in C2C workers at this time.
- Work with product teams to design infrastructure they need to achieve their goals and amaze our audience
- Create reusable and flexible IaC and CI/CD systems that can be fully automated or run safely by product team stakeholders
- Improving the internal and external security of our infrastructure
- Perform code reviews
- Design solutions to a variety of infrastructure challenges such as configuration, compatibility, error tracing, performance, connectivity, and cost.
- Handle incident management, including blameless port-mortems
- 5+ years experience working with AWS or other cloud provider under a multi-region, scalable, and highly-available system
- 5+ years experience working with Linux backend server technologies such as Ubuntu Centos
- 5+ years experience working with CI/CD systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Demonstrable IaC (infrastructure as code) skills and understands the philosophy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize strategic infrastructure efforts
- Works well in an agile environment (specifically Scrum)
- Knowledge of music
- Experience working with a high-bandwidth client/server product such as live streaming video or, a massively multiplayer game
- Working knowledge of migrating to an internal use of SSO
- Knowledge or one or more of the following: NodeJS, Typescript, C#, Bash, Python, Powershell
- Knowledge of any of the following: Redis, NATS, RabbitMQ, Postgres, MySQL
- Knowledge of any of the following: Zabbix, Icinga2