Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working with designers implementing the interactive moments in the concerts. You will be the development manager for software engineering teams building the interactive virtual concert platform at Wave. Software Engineers at Wave bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver the future of music to millions. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Deliver software for Wave’s platform and products
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
- Work with product to ensure delivery of tech features in keeping with product priorities and roadmap
- Champion operational excellence to deliver reliable, scalable, and performant applications and services.
- Track and optimize efficiency of dev staff across the entire studio
- Work with VP of Eng to ensure that engineer staff is set up for success with effective working structures
- Serve process needs of platform management team, and collaborate with platform mgmt group to navigate all obstacles facing the technical wing of the company
- Mentor and train junior Dev Managers
- Maintain software maintenance life cycle
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience planning, designing, developing, and delivering large scale platforms and products.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager leading software development teams.
- Knowledge of various DevOps tools and practices including Perforce, Jira, Confluence and CI/CD.
- Is a strong leader with ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
- Proven track record of result-oriented leadership focusing on customer experience and delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Passion for leading and developing direct reports; providing guidance, consultation, and opportunities towards improving their professional skill set.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage a large, diverse set of to-dos – vigorously prioritize, stay on top of multiple work streams, monitor progress, hold owners accountable.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of agile processes
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance, large-scale distributed and highly available services, and platforms.
- Experience with Unity 3D Game Engine
- Game development background
- Backend systems experience
- Passion for music and live events
- Music Lover