At Wave, we are defining the future of virtual entertainment. Our company sits at the intersection of music, gaming, and entertainment. We know that today’s music audience wants to be part of the experience and our goal is to create a first-of-its-kind virtual experience for the next generation of concert-goers. Wave concerts are live, immersive, interactive and social experiences. We elevate the live music streaming landscape through innovative broadcasting technology and an immersive, highly-interactive product experience to help fans and artists more deeply connect with each and express themselves in new and innovative ways.
The Music Team is responsible for partnering, booking and delivering Wave shows with Wave’s partners in the music industry. The Head of Music - reporting into the Chief Operations Officer - will be responsible for developing and executing on the overall artist booking strategy for Wave shows, in support of the Company’s Mission and Strategy objectives. This role is artist-facing and partners closely with cross-functional teams across Creative, Production, Legal, Product and Marketing.
- Develop and own booking strategy for all Wave shows and be able to communicate strategy and status weekly across the broader organization
- Lead the creative packaging, headlining and pitching of Waves to selected artists, with approval from key stakeholders in Creative and Content/Production
- Guide successful execution of artist campaigns, from Letters of Intent or Long Form Production Agreements to Pre-Production, Production and Run of Show - in close collaboration with leads across the company
- Serve as a primary point of contact for artists and managers throughout the production process to ensure a seamless experience
- Drive towards goals established by the Wave leadership team while also identifying show-specific KPIs to measure the effectiveness of music partnership strategy
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners including Creative, Social, Production, Marketing, Legal, and Product teams.
- Leverage trusted and effective working relationships with artist managers, reps, and labels and manage internal and external approval process for show booking strategy in close partnership with the exec team
- Manage overall show budget and maximize effectiveness of programming within budget
- Build out a team of direct reports - as required for show capacity - to help scale Wave’s music partnership goals and provide end-to-end execution of show campaigns
- 10+ years of music industry experience, preferably at an entertainment, gaming, or music company
- 5+ years in music-related partnerships, sales and/or business development
- Proven track record of developing breakthrough music partnerships in the technology space
- Expert pitch deck creator, negotiator and deal closer
- Baseline understanding of music rights
- Experience running campaigns - particularly in the music or entertainment space
- Experience working with high-profile talent
- Ability to be self-directed and operate in an entrepreneurial environment that can be ambiguous and continuously evolving
- Strong network of trusted music industry contacts, especially with artist managers and labels
- Strong oral/written communicator and collaborator
- Passion for making an impact at a growing start up
- Positive attitude reflective of Wave’s company values