Wave is the world’s first multi-channel virtual entertainment platform for live concerts. Our platform transforms performers into digital avatars in real-time, casting them onto a virtual stage built with stunning visuals and customized interactions that fit each performer’s unique style. These virtual shows are distributed via YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, as well as other major digital and gaming channels.
WaveXR is seeking a Technical Show Director to join our team in Los Angeles supporting all live and pre-recorded broadcasts from our facility and other locations. This role is in a fast-paced control room environment and requires the ability to collaborate across departments as the facility and Broadcast pipeline/workflow evolves. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, excellent communicators and collaborators, and flexible and adaptable to successfully respond in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Musician/Music lover
- Passion for live events
- Directing WaveXR live shows, rebroadcasts, and rehearsals in a fast-paced environment displaying proficient technical skills within the control room and adheres to high production standards.
- Work with the Broadcast Producer and Creative Lead to plan and control creative run of show.
- Work with Broadcast Engineers and Product owners to architect, design, and maintain broadcast hardware/software and capabilities.
- Offer creative and technical suggestions that enhance the show, collaborating with Content department and Production leads as new shows are developed
- Organize and maintain switcher files, visual effects and other peripheral devices equipment associated with Broadcast Director control room
- Run all technical aspects of mocap sessions before the shows.
- Work directly with Music Talent during rehearsals and shows.
- Five (5) years of related broadcast experience in live production environments.
- Understanding of audio and video streaming and compression standards, h.264, SDI / NDI, HDMI, etc. Experience with analog or ethernet audio interfaces, DAC, drivers and sample rates.
- Comfortable Troubleshooting applications, audio and video, networking and general operating system configuration in Windows.
- Excellent control room demeanor, proven leadership skills, team-first attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented
- Strong situational awareness along with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Flexible schedule including weekends, etc.
- Highly organized
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Flexible and adaptable to highly dynamic environments
- Understanding of real-time performance capture technologies and Unity