Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and interest in working in a fast-moving product space at the intersection of gaming, technology and live entertainment? Come help us define the future of live music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for audiences and set new creative boundaries for live performers.
Wave is an entertainment technology company and creator of the world’s first multi-channel virtual entertainment platform for live concerts. Using proprietary content production tools and live broadcast technology, Wave gives performing artists a platform to perform live for audiences around the world, while bringing fans a new type of shared, interactive experience. We are looking for an experienced Unity Technical Artist to help build and evolve our library of Wave show Templates, the set of “starter shows” that makes it faster and easier for creative teams to produce live virtual concerts.
This role will be part of the Wave product team working directly with the Product Manager to define and evolve Templates as a product, and to develop and execute on the Templates roadmap. The Templates Designer will also work very closely with Wave content artists and show designers to ensure that Wave Templates reflect the creative framework, tools and processes we use to build our shows. Working with these stakeholders, the Templates Designer will help evolve Wave’s show creation framework to balance content quality, scope and uniqueness vs. production speed and efficiency. Enabling audience interactions is also an important part of Wave shows, and the Templates Designer will collaborate with game designers to script interaction features and gameplay mechanisms into our Templates.
The ideal candidate will be a 3D Generalist with deep Unity experience who enjoys thinking structurally and building systems for content development. We’re looking for candidates who have experience working with, or ideally have built, structured asset library frameworks and content development pipelines for real-time production use cases.
- Musician/Music Lover
- Passion for live events
- Partner with the Creative team to define, maintain and evolve the structural framework of the Wave asset library and Templates system
- Design, produce, release and maintain a growing set of ready-made Unity scene templates that artists will use as starting points to create virtual concerts
- Partner with Product, Creative and Engineering to define requirements and develop a roadmap for the Templates system, as well as prioritize and plan the roll out of individual Templates
- Script interaction features and gameplay mechanisms to incorporate into Templates
- Technical expertise in Unity
- A strong modeling and texturing portfolio (examples showing fully fleshed out spaces demonstrating lighting and composition skills are preferred)
- 3+ years experience
- Ability to design using diverse art styles
- Knowledge of game production pipelines
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3d package
- Well-versed in PBR workflow
- Understanding of asset integration and performance impacts
- Creative initiative, and a collaborative mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong foundation in traditional art skills
- Familiarity with procedural content authoring tools
- Experience developing game production art pipelines and workflows
- Experience developing tools and systems for real-time production use cases