Overall Role Description
The new Head of People will lead the Human Resources function of the company and report to and partner with the CEO, Adam Arrigo, and the President, Gary Shenk to provide effective guidance on all company HR strategies and their implementation.
- Strategize with Wave leadership to identify organizational gaps, and transform the organization with top talent who can team together and execute the next phase of Wave’s aggressive growth plans.
- Lead recruiting for all open company positions, including job descriptions and candidate pipeline management, to attract top marketplace talent across functional roles – with a major focus on Wave’s value on a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Develop, oversee and manage a comprehensive and transparent company-wide Performance Management Program that ties to overall business goals, rewards performers and aggressively manages under-performance.
- Serve as a daily resource for all employees to listen to constructive feedback and grievances, and troubleshoot conflicts among employees, and among employees and their managers, that limits top-level performance.
- Create a framework for reinforcement of Wave Values on a daily basis, and reinforce a culture conducive to results, productivity and high job satisfaction.
- Optimize and standardize Wave’s compensation and benefits programs across the organization.
- Establish a Learning and Development Program that supports Executive-level and employee development in a customized manner.
- Develop comprehensive HR policies to establish company-wide standards and practices.
The Head of People will believe in, and lead with, the following Behaviors:
- Passion – A real fan of music and innovation technology; someone who understands the potential for virtual entertainment and wants to be at the forefront of creating the next great entertainment brand.
- Energy -- A high-energy person who is hungry to be one of the top leaders of The Wave at a unique moment in its growth history; someone eager to help take the company to the next level and beyond.
- Compassion – Someone who is extremely sensitive to challenges in the workplace that are both visible and unseen, who always has his/her “ear” to the grindstone, who listens to diverse perspectives in the organization to reach fair and objective conclusions.
- Inclusion - Someone who actively seeks diverse viewpoints, creating a culture where it's safe to dissent, with getting to the best decision/outcome being the only goal.
- Communication -- Ability to communicate directly and succinctly to a variety of audiences (internal & external) who come from a diverse set of disciplines and cultures.
- Collaboration - someone who acts on behalf of the entire company, beyond just his/her own team. A team player who will be an exceptional partner with the CEO, President, and all other executives and the Board to form a "strategic brain-trust" of the company.
- Can-Do – someone who always seeks solutions to overcome key business challenges.
- Ownership - someone who embraces full accountability.
- Beyond Reproach – someone who has a track record of conducting themselves ethically, and with the highest integrity in all matters.
- International experience, exposure, and interest is a significant plus as non-U.S. growth is a key part of The Wave’s strategy and operations going forward.
Experience / Requirements
- BA from a top university, MBA a plus.
- Broad HR knowledge and experience (Strategic HR, Change Management and Organizational Development, Compensation and Benefits, Recruiting, etc.) ideally in a media/entertainment business environment.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience as an HR lead in a company in a growth stage or facing aggressive expansion of organizational size, scope and maturity (or equivalent experience).
- Strong background in leading and implementing a regular Performance Management program.
- Significant recruiting experience – both in-house, and with a network of specialized recruiters.
- Developed understanding of Compensation and Benefits philosophy, strategy and
- Experience developing and leading a company-wide Learning and Development, and culture/values program.
- Significant experience and understanding of employment and labor law, and HR policy implementation to ensure compliance.