Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
You'll work with our Art Director and Technical Art Director to create engaging, stylized VFX that enhance the live, motion-captured performance of musicians, singers, and DJs, ranging widely in style and mood. From fire breathed by a giant demon rapper, to ribbons of magic flowing from a violinist’s bow, to abstract effects yet to be imagined, your work will bring to life the movement and music of a performer in a way only possible in an interactive virtual concert environment.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Creative Team, and Engineers to create visual effects that match support gameplay systems and environmental storytelling, ranging from stylized real world effects like weather, fire, smoke etc, to abstract audio visualization and Ui
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from pre-visualization concepts to final polished assets in game
- Assist in the improvement and stability of VFX tools and pipeline
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
- Maintain style and consistency across products
- 3+ years of experience with real-time VFX in Unity
- Good understanding of real-time physics in Unity
- Proficiency writing shaders
- Proficiency with Maya or similar 3D package for creating 3D assets
- Good eye for timing and motion
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance
- Ability to collaborate, but also work independently, and creatively to solve VFX technical challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Demo reel required
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience with audio reactivity and audio visualization