Job title: Client & Communications Executive
Role Reports to: C&C Manager
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,200 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the Client & Communication is the key point of contact for our clients, and the development, execution and delivery of media plans, delivering on strategy on time and in full. C&C is the first point of contact for the client and the team at Wavemaker on all plan related queries.
The role of the C&C Executive is to provide support to the C&C team through all aspects of the process (campaign briefing, planning, development, implementation, reporting and administration support) to ensure the smooth operating of accounts.
- Internal Wavemaker and GroupM Departments including Investment, Digital, SEM, SEO & CRO and Strategy Teams
- Media Owners
- Wavemaker C&C Team - Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can-do attitude
- Support other team members and pro-actively ask where additional assistance can be provided, beyond the day-to-day
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Develop an understanding of the wider agency structure and resource available to tap into outside of the C&C team to enhance work.
- Actively participate in weekly WIP
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives.
- Engage with our partners to build knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of core media principles and the capabilities of each media touchpoints.
- Build relationships with our clients at an Assistant Brand Manager level, working collaboratively to support their requests to Wavemaker and managing the process and timelines.
- Lead relevant chains of communication to the client, making sure that all parties are aligned, actively looking for and seeking out misunderstanding/ miscommunication.
- Proactively communicate with C&C team internally (any updates, market trends, key developments)
- Work collaboratively with Media and/or platform partners, ensuring strong relationships are developed from the outset and you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Engage with our WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Demonstrates an obsession for Purchase Journey planning and how it benefits Wavemakers clients
- Support the team using the Wavemaker suite of tools to aid planning and reporting
- Support C&C in answering client briefs, adding administrative support across the process (Hack the brief, Insights research/ Development, Strategy, etc)
- The ability to use agency & industry tools/resources to develop target audience, brand, competitive, etc
- Own the process of updating and sharing media plans, budget reconciliation, MBA/ PO tracking, competitive reporting, etc
- Lead media plan reconciliation, making sure that the Investment teams have billed correctly
- Support the C&C Manger or Director in writing presentations and help to facilitate presentation sessions
- Contribute towards reports that need to be developed and highlight key trends and insights
- Demonstrates an understanding of the buying principles of TV, Print, Radio, Cinema, OOH, Digital, Programmatic, Mobile, SEM & Social
- Demonstrates an understanding of the strengths & weaknesses of TV, Print, Radio, Cinema, OOH, Digital, Programmatic, Mobile, SEM & Social
- Ability to pull, create competitive reports and start to write commentary independently (AQX)
- Work with internal teams to monitor / track campaign delivery and flag potential issues with line manager in a timely manner
- Responsible for assisting/ coordinating weekly tracking/ reporting of campaign performance
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Play an active role in regular C&C department meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Take the lead in ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Ensure that clear financial tracking processes are followed, ensures these are implemented accurately, including PO Numbers, MBA Trackers, Value Trackers, etc
- Ensure MBA’s, media plans, media confirmation and proformas are reconciled and match with 100% accuracy
- Assist in ensuring all account queries are resolved within 3 days, identifying the reason why the account query occurred and ensuring this process is refined moving forward
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
- Assist C&C with budget tracking and contract tracking, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
What you will need:
- Passion for the media industry
- Well developed, up to date, media landscape knowledge (able to articulate current consumer insights).
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Established media systems knowledge (SpectraMD, Asteroid, AQX, Etam, Eram, Excel)
- Problem solving mentality
- Media buying experience
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core C&C processes and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Owning the C&C processes for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end, ensuring that your manager and wider team are regularly updated on the performance of each campaign demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Working well with your direct report
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
Building strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality