We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,200 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
The role of the Digital department is to work closely alongside the client and C&C team as the interface between WM product teams, GroupM specialist divisions and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The role of a Digital Manager within the digital team leads the digital team through planning and buying of digital campaigns. The Manager will support the senior manager and director on more strategic tasks but also ensure a cohesive transition from plan approval into implementation.
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for Digital
- Well developed, up to date, media landscape knowledge (able to articulate current consumer insights).
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Established media systems knowledge (Pathmatics, Symphony, Sizmek, DCM, MOAT, Nielsen and Excel)
- Problem solving mentality
- Media buying and trafficking experience
- Experience putting together digital media recommendations
- Experience building digital media plans
- Experience in managing people
- Experience in running a team
What success looks like:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Have been introduced to key clients
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core digital processes for planning and implementation and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Started to build strong relationships with key clients
- Taken the lead in planning and buying for specific allocated clients/campaigns
- Effectively briefing in internal WM and GroupM team members to ensure seamless transition from planning to execution
- Working well with your direct reports
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Beginning to take own larger campaign and strategic recommendations and planning for specific clients
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on digital campaign performance
- Building really strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality
More about Wavemaker