We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the Digital department is to work closely alongside the client and C&C team as the interface between WM product teams, GroupM specialist divisions and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The role of Assistant within the Digital team is to provide support to the Digital team through all aspects of the campaign implementation and administration process from booking to post campaign.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the Digital Executive
Direct reports: N/A
Key stakeholders: Internal WM & GroupM Departments:
Collaborate with I&A, C&C, C&P, SEO & CRO, SEM, Social, Strategy and our GroupM Programmatic teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives.
Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Media coordinator level
Wavemaker Digital Team:
Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can-do attitude
- Support other team members and pro-actively ask where additional assistance can be provided, beyond the day-to-day
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Media and/or platform partners, ensuring strong relationships are developed from the outset and ensuring you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Engage with our WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding about their offerings and relevance to our clients
- Engage with our partners to build knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of core media principles and the capabilities of each media touchpoint
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Run competitor reports using Pathmatics
- Create standard metric, duplication and audience profile reports using Nielsen Answers
- Assist in trafficking approved line items through to the adserver using Symphony
- Assist in briefing out and manage campaigns with the GroupM ad ops team
- Assist in the process required to set up contacts, URLs, check if creatives are to specs /clicktags are working and attach creatives to placements
- Assist in the process required to publish ads and download placement tags for supply to publishers
- Create go live report within 2 working days of going live to send to the client
- Pull campaign reports covering adserver, platforms, MOAT and Nielsen DAR
- Monitor / track campaign delivery and flag potential issues with line manager in a timely manner
- Responsible for assisting in weekly tracking of campaign performance at a minimum
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Play an active role in regular Digital department meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Assist in ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Ensure MBA’s, media plans, media confirmation and proformas are reconciled and match with 100% accuracy
- Assist Executive in ensuring all account queries within 3 days, identifying the reason why the account query occurred and ensuring this process is refined moving forward
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
- Assist with budget tracking and contract tracking, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
What you will need:
- Passion for the media industry
- Inquisitive and demonstrates desire to understand and know more
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Problem solving mentality
- Strong time-management, is reliable and meets deadlines
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Been trained on the key tools and systems required, and actively using them in your day to day role contributing to the support of the team
- Gotten up to speed with your team roles and your client portfolio, understanding what is required of the Wavemaker team and your role in particular
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal teams
In 6 months, you would have:
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
- Become comfortable managing weekly monitoring of campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Demonstrated independence in undertaking tasks to support the Digital team and client requests, including being fully confident on the key tools and systems
- Established yourself and are recognised internally and externally, as an integral member of the team, with a comprehensive understanding of how the team and company operates