We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the Investment & Activation department is to act as the interface between Wavemaker and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The role of Manager within the Investment & Activation team is to manage the Investment & Activation delivery of client media plans.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the I&A Senior Manager or I&A Director
Key stakeholders: Internal WM & GroupM Departments:
Collaborate with Digital, C&C, C&P, SEO & CRO, SEM, Social and Strategy teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives.
Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Media sales representative level.
Wavemaker I&A Team:
Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can-do attitude
- Lead the training and development of Analysts, Executives and Associate Managers in the team
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Has expert knowledge and understanding of the wider agency structure, knowing when to tap into resource outside of the I&A team to enhance work.
- Responsible for I&A team presence at all ‘Hack the Brief’ sessions for relevant client patch, ensuring that feedback is given to the C+C team within 24h of attending.
- Leads I&A team weekly WIPs and is responsible for ensuring team attend internal client team WIPs.
- Manages output of I&A team, ensuring workload is shared where necessary to ensure timely high standard output.
- Manages development of the I&A team, ensuring KPIs are set, performance catch-ups are held monthly and training needs are addressed appropriately.
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives.
- Provide insightful, detailed, timely briefs and feedback to our Media and/or platform partners
- Engage with our media partners, WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding of their latest offerings and relevance to our clients
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Own relationships with clients at a Marketing Assistant or Marketing Manager level when it comes to execution conversations
- Manage the Investment & Activation function across all touchpoints, ensuring maximum value is delivered for our clients on a campaign by campaign basis.
- Construct and present effective, bespoke and future fit Investment & Activation strategies for client campaigns.
- Construct and present insightful and progressive post analysis reports.
- Benchmark cost and quality internally and collaborate with audit and global partners to ensure external benchmarking can be executed effectively.
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Play an active role in regular I&A department meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Be a positive face of Wavemaker at industry events, either related to clients’ category or our media partners.
- Responsible for ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Responsible for ensuring MBA’s, media plans, media confirmation and proformas are reconciled and match with 100% accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring all account queries within 3 days, identifying the reason why the account query occurred and ensuring this process is refined moving forward
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
- Assist C&C with budget tracking and contract tracking, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
What you will need:
- Experience managing a team
- Passion for Investment & Activation
- Strong, up to date, media landscape knowledge (confidently able to articulate macro consumer trends and the challenges and opportunities they bring).
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong media systems knowledge (SpectraMD, Asteroid, MOVE, AQX, Optim8, Etam, Eram, Excel)
- Problem solving mentality
- Extensive media buying experience
- Demonstrates well developed negotiation and Investment planning skills
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core I&A processes and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Owning the I&A processes for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end, ensuring that your manager and wider team are regularly updated on the performance of each campaign demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Working well with your direct report
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
- Building strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality