We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the Investment & Activation department is to act as the interface between Wavemaker and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The role of Senior Manager within the Investment & Activation team is to lead the Investment & Activation output of the team, with support from the I&A Director
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the I&A Director
Direct reports: I&A Manager, Associate Manager, Executive, Analyst
Key stakeholders: Internal WM & GroupM Departments:
Collaborate with Digital, C&C, C&P, SEO & CRO, SEM, Social and Strategy teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives.
Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Group Sales Manager level.
Establish a deep understanding of our client’s business and develop strong relationships with key client contacts.
Wavemaker I&A Team:
Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can-do attitude
- Lead a high performance I&A team, committed to the Wavemaker PACED values.
- Ensure workflow and resource allocation in the team is managed effectively.
- Hold regular performance evaluation meetings with team members throughout the year, setting SMART KPIs and creating a clear career development plan for them.
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Develop strong media partner relationships at a Group Sales Manager level – not just with sales teams, but also across content and technology departments.
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives and develop client relationships at a senior level
- Provide insightful, detailed, timely briefs and feedback to our Media and/or platform partners
- Engage with our media partners, WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding of their latest offerings and relevance to our clients
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Manage the Investment & Activation function across all touchpoints, ensuring maximum value is delivered for our clients on a campaign by campaign basis.
- Construct and present effective, bespoke and future fit Investment & Activation strategies for client campaigns.
- Construct and present insightful and progressive post analysis reports.
- Benchmark cost and quality internally and collaborate with audit and global partners to ensure external benchmarking can be executed effectively.
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Develop market leading profile via strong relationships internally and externally to execute award winning campaigns
- Build the agency’s reputation by contributing to entries for awards and competitions
- Contribute to thought leadership across Wavemaker owned assets (Website, Social, EDM’s etc.)
- Play an active role in regular I&A meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Responsible for ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Ensure client fees and commissions are invoiced as per the client contract.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
What you will need:
- Experience managing a team
- Passion for Investment & Activation
- Strong, up to date, media landscape knowledge (confidently able to articulate economic, industry and consumer trends).
- Literate, articulate and numerate
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong media systems knowledge (SpectraMD, Asteroid, MOVE, AQX, Optim8, Etam, Eram, Excel)
- Problem solving mentality
- Extensive media buying experience and Investment planning skills
- Demonstrates well developed negotiation
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core I&A processes and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Owning the I&A processes for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end, ensuring that your manager and wider team are regularly updated on the performance of each campaign demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Working well with your direct report
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
- Building strong relationships with publishers, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality