In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from several African nations - and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
Our team has doubled over the past 6 months and we will continue to grow rapidly next year. We are looking for an organized and ambitious professional who will support our recruiting process by sourcing, evaluating and attracting strong talents. You will coordinate logistics and conduct interview screens quickly and methodically, with a high attention to detail.
You will also build strong relationships specifically with our Growth and Customer Support Team Leads and become a trusted thought partner to them in solving how to scale their teams to achieve our mission across the world.
In your first few months, you'll
- Source diverse candidates who are both technically excellent and exceptional culture fits
- Build and carry out semi-structured interviews with candidates as part of the screening and final interview process
- Coordinate and schedule interviews across teams to ensure a great experience for candidates and hiring managers
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits
- Articulate the story and principles of Sendwave by interviewing employees
- Make sure candidates see and experience the culture during the hiring process
- Partner with hiring managers + team leads to design and build the teams they need to scale
- Learn how each team functions and their mission to strategize opportunities for hiring and leverage existing resources
- Enter and maintain integrity of data in recruiting database (Greenhouse)
- Design hiring strategies and processes to attract and retain a high-quality diverse team
- Ad hoc organisation of recruitment events and targeted outreach
- Support onboarding of new hires to the team
- 2+ years improving recruiting and building effective partnerships
- Highly developed relationship management and consulting skills; able to build relationships and credibility at all levels within an organization
- Successful application of various recruiting, attraction and selection tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to think strategically, translate strategies into actionable plans, develop performance metrics and analyze results
- Experience building business relationships with community organizations, professional associations
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are tech savvy and enjoy automating processes
- Are passionate about Sendwave’s mission and building an unstoppable team
- Our team of over 200 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We're backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Sendwave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.