Immigrants worldwide send over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Wave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed Africans in the US, the UK, and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, and Nigeria saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram. We are now launching new markets across Europe that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
Our Longtime User Happiness (LUH) customer support team is the 'frontline' for ensuring all users can achieve Sendwave's mission. To do so, delighting our users remains a core value for our team. Every decision we make as a company is driven by asking how much something would help our existing and future users. Excellent customer support is essential to making sure we treat our users well, and that’s why we need support team members with the skills to delight our users 100% of the time.
As a member of our Support Team, you'll:
- Work regular full-time shifts on our support inbox, handling incoming calls, outgoing calls, texts & emails.
- Identify patterns in user feedback and translate those into suggestions for improving our user experience.
- Quickly identify major issues affecting a number of users and be an advocate for having them addressed swiftly.
- Participate in regular trainings & team meetings.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Truly enjoy helping to solve problems for our awesome customers.
- Exhibit excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Approach others’ problems with compassion and a desire to keep problem-solving an issue until you understand what is going on.
- Are motivated to help Sendwave grow through providing stellar service to our customers.
Requirements (must have all to apply)
- 2+ years experience in a call / contact center or as a dispatcher / receptionist in a large office
- Ability to commit to a full-time schedule
- Ability to work your assigned shift, as we are open 24 hours per day / 7 days per week.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required
- Advanced fluency in English and French (speaking / writing). The job requires the ability to communicate in English and French with our customers and team at a professional working capacity.
- Belgian resident
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote, and the role can be carried out from any quiet location with reliable, fast internet in Belgium.
Salary and Benefits
- 13 euros /hour
- Benefits package
- Equipment provided (laptop, phone, headset, & Skype phone plans)
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Swahili, Dutch, Luganda, Somali, Amharic, Mandarin, Wolof, Fante, Ewe and Arabic.
- Sendwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to apply
- Submit your resume / CV and cover letter using the links provided. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you looking to leave your old role (if applicable)?
- What are you looking for in a role now?
- Why Sendwave?
- Answer required questions below
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until we fill all positions