The future of biology is in big data analysis, and Watershed’s mission is to become the leading platform for biocomputing. At Watershed we believe in enabling scientists to conduct all analysis with a single software platform. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our interdisciplinary team is intellectually curious with a bias for action, and aims to bring transformational change to a $40 billion biotech industry.
Watershed Informatics is hiring a Bioinformatics Engineer to help build the core scientific features and functionalities of our platform, and play a crucial role in ensuring the continued success of our product. We seek individuals who are eager to weigh tradeoffs, solve hard problems, and expand the capabilities of an enterprise software offering.
The ideal candidate has experience in bioinformatics and computational biology applications, as well as software engineering. You’ll work closely with our engineers and bioinformaticians to design and productionize workflow frameworks, operationalize standard analytical tooling, and expand the capabilities of bioinformatics tools within our platform. We expect you are comfortable with Python, and that you’re excited to develop our software platform as part of our rapidly growing startup.
- Architect novel workflow frameworks and improve existing ones
- Operationalize standard bioinformatics and computational biology tools
- Work closely with bioinformatics and engineering members to iterate on the design of our workflow engine and overall platform functionality
- Collaborate with our engineering team to make our bioinformatics workflows efficient and robust
- Ability to write productionizable code in Python, complete with unit tests
- Proficient in Python. Preference for candidates who are also comfortable with R.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of different data structures, data types, and appropriate uses of each
- Strong biology background with demonstrated competency in basic software engineering
- Broad expertise in the analysis and interpretation of -omics data or similar data types