Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis - from lab data to plot - with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Senior Bioinformatician Role
Watershed is hiring a Senior Bioinformatician, reporting to the Head of Science Solutions and working closely with the bioinformatics team. As part of the bioinformatics team, you’ll help define the core scientific features and functionalities of our platform, and play a crucial role in ensuring the continued success of our product. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to go both wide and deep in their bioinformatics expertise, build upon their technical skills, and work across a broad range of scientific applications in a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Take full ownership of the development of new bioinformatics workflows
- Collaborate with our engineering team to make our bioinformatics workflows efficient and robust
- Engage directly with customers (both biologists and bioinformaticians) on their deployment of the Watershed platform, ensure the technical success of client engagements, and communicate customer feedback and feature requests to the broader team
- Act as a point of contact for customers who is a knowledgeable resource in their domain and efficiently and independently manage requests
- Test, troubleshoot, and enhance customer workflows with and on behalf of customers, and lead design and development reviews of these workflows
- Propose and implement sophisticated, customized bioinformatics analyses as customers request
- Provide mentorship to other team members
- Represent Watershed at conferences, trade shows, and customer meetups
- PhD-level+ expertise in developing end-to-end bioinformatics pipelines (8+ years of experience in bioinformatics)
- Strong biology background and empathy for bench experimentalists
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- In depth knowledge of bioinformatics and data science best practices (quality-control, exploratory data analysis, existing industry standard open-source tools, data structures)
- Experience in Python, R, and/or MATLAB
- Broad expertise in the analysis and interpretation of multi-omics data, including genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, mass spectrometry, chemical informatics, statistical genetics, and microbiome-based assays
- Demonstrated scientific project management (PhD required; 3+ years of industry experience preferred)
Benefits and culture:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity compensation package
- Uber eats stipend when working
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy in a rewarding, supportive environment
- Open door policy with a focus on collaboration
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.