Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis - from lab data to plot - with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Marketing Manager Role
Watershed is hiring a Marketing Director, reporting to the Head of Scientific Solutions and working closely with the CEO. The ideal candidate is an ambitious individual, prepared to write the Watershed Marketing playbook from the ground up. The role is an excellent opportunity for a self-starting candidate seeking to gain experience in building a marketing strategy from the ground up for a fast-paced and rapidly growing tech-bio startup.
- Work with the Scientific Solutions team to develop and execute business growth strategies and execute business growing campaigns.
- Drive market demand by developing and running campaigns, including digital and face-to-face customer interactions.
- Create content for distribution across multiple channels
- Routinely evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness to prioritize allocation of marketing time and resources.
- Collect market intelligence to support business strategy formulation and daily operational decisions in the biotech and biopharma market segments
- Work with the rest of the commercial team to identify appropriate value propositions to target customers and to build pre-sales and post-sales materials
- 2+ years of marketing experience, ideally in B2B SaaS/IaaS in the life sciences, IT/Bio-IT, and/or NGS spaces
- Strong strategic thinking, logic, and analytical skills
- Demonstrates a can-do altitude and result-driven enthusiasm for growing a small company
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
- Demonstrated collaborative skills