Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis - from lab data to plot - with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Application Scientist Role
Watershed is hiring an Application Scientist, reporting to the Head of Scientific Solutions and working closely with the bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic scientist who is eager to work with customers across a broad omics-based spectrum, to solve interdisciplinary scientific challenges across a variety of therapeutic areas. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to gain wide and deep exposure to a breadth of approaches for modern drug discovery utilizing omics work, hone their technical and interpersonal skills, and work with a group of rigorous, passionate, caring, and down-to-earth scientists and engineers.
- Engage with scientists across biotech/biopharma to identify analytical needs to accomplish key scientific goals
- Work with the bioinformatics team to provide an extraordinary level of comprehensive scientific support to current customers
- In concert with the bioinformatics team, ensure the analytical tools on the platform are appropriate for the needs of therapeutically minded scientists
- Present the Omics Bench platform at pre-sale meetings, conferences, and educational talks, and answer scientific or technical questions in all these capacities as appropriate
- Provide and coordinate prompt customer support as needed
- Represent Watershed at conferences, trade shows, and customer meetups
- Act as a point of contact for key clients who are a knowledgeable resource in their domain
- Write documents and summaries of our work in a variety of scientific and lay-person accessible formats
- Broad expertise in the analysis and interpretation of multi-omics data, including genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, mass spectrometry, chemical informatics, statistical genetics, and microbiome-based assays
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated scientific project management (PhD required; 1+ years of industry experience preferred)
- Strong biology background with deep understanding of standard preparatory methods for omics applications
- Experience programming preferred, but not required
Benefits and culture:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity compensation package
- Uber eats stipend when working
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy in a rewarding, supportive environment
- Open door policy with a focus on collaboration
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.