The cloud-backed terminal for individuals and teams
Warp is modernizing the command line experience to make it more intuitive and collaborative for modern developers and teams, turning the terminal into a real platform to enable engineering workflows. Our mission is to elevate developer productivity, and the team is excited to have this opportunity to radically improve a tool that every developer uses and fundamentally change how software development and devops are done.
We’re hiring a Demand Generation Manager to coordinate top-of-funnel (acquisition) efforts at Warp. You will own and execute on our acquisition strategy and be responsible for our new user growth. You will have the freedom to pursue our TOF goals through a variety of different channels (SEO, partnerships, social, email, video, etc.)
You’ll get to work on a fast moving project right from day one. This is an opportunity to work on arguably the most important developer tool ever: the terminal. You will spread Warp to all developers from all backgrounds, and all software companies.
You will report to the Growth Lead, and be part of the Growth team. You will work closely with our Product Marketing Manager, Developer Advocate, our contract SEO specialist, and contract Technical Content Writers.
As a Demand Generation Manager, these are the areas you’ll get to drive…
- Sponsorships and Relationships in the Developer Community
- You will source, evaluate, and execute on sponsorships that work well with Warp’s brand. You will partner with content creators, open-source projects, and conferences to spread the word on Warp.
- You will cultivate long-lasting relationships with partners that go beyond one-off deals.
- You will measure and report on the performance of these efforts.
- SEO and Content Management
- You will plan out what SEO content Warp should produce and coordinate with a team of technical content writers and editors (who are engineers themselves) to produce high-quality content.
- You will manage and optimize Warp’s landing pages with a focus on driving traffic and conversion.
- You are responsible for recruiting and managing the team of content writers. (We currently already have a team of writers and editors.)
- You will advise on additional content strategies owned by the product and engineering team.
- Any additional channels you determine to be part of your overall strategy.
You may be a good fit if...
- You have experience with digital marketing.
- You have experience working in SaaS marketing.
- You have experience marketing to technical audiences, and are able to write engaging copy for developers.
- You approach SEO as adding value to the internet rather than keyword stuffing landing pages.
- You enjoy building real relationships with potential partners in the development community.
- You thrive in driving on high-level business objectives independently while keeping stakeholders informed along the way.
- You love experimentation and doubling down on the experiments that do work. You like quickly validating concepts through MVPs.
- You are comfortable with analytics tools like Metabase and Google Analytics that can help measure performance of campaigns.
- You are a terminal user.
- You love to build stuff on the web.
- Experience with Webflow.
At Warp, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in this job description – we encourage you to apply anyways! We are a community of curious learners, and most of us are learning some skills for the first time (like our engineers learning to program Warp in Rust). You might be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Total compensation at Warp consists of two parts: 1) a competitive base salary, and most importantly, 2) meaningful equity.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay, and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The budgeted compensation amount for this role is targeted at $136,000 - $170,000.
In addition to salary, all employees receive further compensation in the form of equity in the company. This is a meaningful stock option grant with a four-year vesting period and one-year cliff. Your equity is where most of the significant upside potential is. Comparing startup equity is always a bit tricky, so we’re happy to walk you through different valuation scenarios at the offer stage in order to help paint a clearer picture of the upside.
Final total compensation is determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Meaningful Equity – we will stretch to get the right talent on board
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible remote-first culture, with optional WeWork in SF and an office space in NYC for folks who want to work together IRL
- 20-days of Paid Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- Twice-a-year company retreats
- Monthly gym stipend
- Pre-Tax FSA Health Savings Plan
- Complimentary OneMedical membership
Individuals seeking employment at Warp are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We are a company run by product-first builders, building a core product for all developers. We are committed to understanding our users deeply. We believe we will ultimately build the best product and business if that team includes developers and designers from a wide range of backgrounds. The early team comes from Google, Dropbox, Gem, LinkedIn, and Facebook. We are looking for passionate individuals to join us and help bring Warp to the world.
We value honesty, humility, and pragmatism, and our core product principle is focusing on the user. If you’re interested in learning more about our company values and what our engineering team culture is like, please take a look at our internal How We Work guide.
We’re very fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms. In October 2021, we closed a $17M Series A ($23M total raised), led by Dylan Field (Co-Founder and CEO, Figma). Other investors include Google Ventures, Neo, and Box Group, as well as a network of passionate angels, including Elad Gil (early investor in Airbnb, Pinterest, Stripe, and Square), Jeff Weiner (Executive Chairman and Ex-CEO, LinkedIn), and Marc Benioff (Founder and CEO, Salesforce).
Here's a quick demo showing some of our current features…
This is just the start, as our plan is to build out a set of experiences in the terminal that don’t exist today like collaboration, environment sharing, rich data types and more.
The terminal is one of very few tools used by every developer every day, which makes it an ideal gateway to improving all sorts of developer activities. We believe there is an opportunity to build a unicorn-sized business improving the command-line. Our strategy is bottom-up developer adoption, followed by driving revenue through enterprise sales and distribution partnerships.
To start, our goal is to become the everyday terminal of choice with individual users – immediately usable as a backwards-compatible terminal replacement with the developer’s shell of choice. We have built a closed-source server, which will implement all of the cloud-enabled features. These features will invite users to share their work with others, driving growth and encouraging collaboration. We’ll also focus on building a community and an ecosystem of terminal plugins and apps, creating network effects.
At higher levels of team penetration, we will offer an enterprise plan with features around privacy, security and environment management (e.g. secure distribution and management of API keys). These larger enterprise plans will be the ultimate driver of revenue, along with potential distribution deals for companies that see CLI integrations as a way to reach new customers.
A couple college students, totally unprompted, wrote a piece on why new students should work at Warp as part of their new newsletter they are launching called "Why You Should Join." It's an incredibly well researched and thoughtful article about the market and competitive landscape, and accurately reflects our thesis. Read it here.