As part of our tools team, you will develop and support our tools within the Unreal Engine and out of the engine as production pipeline tools. You will contribute ideas for how to use the Unreal Engine capabilities to deliver great workflows for content creators. As a Tools programmer you will focus your efforts on development and assist specialists in other areas to understand what code they develop to complement those tools.
You will work closely with programmers (gameplay, audio, build etc) and content creators to understand and influence how assets are built, what processes are used to create our games and how can we make them better and efficient.
What will you do?
- Creating and supporting the tools that we use to build the games, within Unreal Engine and outside of the engine
- Working with other programmers and content creators to design effective workflows and development pipelines
- Identifying new technologies and processes that will improve the games
What are we looking for?
- Programming Skills (C++ or C#)
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
- Familiarity with source control (Perforce, git)
- Experience developing software tools; command-line and user interfaces to process or display data
- Proven collaboration skills within a development team
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Passion for creating tools and working closely with the user base
- Experience developing User Interfaces with WPF, WinForms, Slate or similar
- Understanding of design patterns and system architecture
- Has experience in a test-driven development (TDD) environment
- Experience deploying and supporting tools across multiple teams
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!