Wargaming is looking to hire a dedicated Data Steward to join our global Data Services team.
As a Data Steward, you will be responsible for integrating data management and privacy practices into data, tools, and business processes. In this role, you will help with day-to-day operations, contribute to developing a long-term data management framework as well as foster a data stewardship culture in the company.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance the tactical aspects of data management with the ability to think strategically about how to implement data standards and increase compliance across the data lifecycle. This role will require the ability to multi-task, build credibility with stakeholders ranging from legal counsels to data engineers, and create privacy champions out of skeptical executives.
What will you do?
- Review & streamline processes for data cataloging, classification, and mapping;
- Help maintain and improve the system for enterprise data protection practices, including setting policies, training personnel, configuring tools;
- Liaise with legal and data teams to develop solutions that accommodate new privacy requirements and business needs;
- Improve overall enterprise data quality and reliability through process improvement and standards definition;
- Develop data management metrics and operationalize reporting;
- Help establish the practice of data stewardship.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields;
- 2-3 years of hands-on data analysis, data modeling, or data architecture design experience;
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Working knowledge of at least 1 programming language (we prefer Python);
- Experience with data tools and technologies (we are using Oracle, Snowflake, Hadoop, Tableau);
- Strong knowledge of data management principles and practices;
- Fluent English;
- 'Can-do' attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Russian language skills;
- Experience with OneTrust Privacy Tool or similar;
- Ability to plan, execute, and manage a project from start to finish.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.