Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world.
The role will involve working on the UI elements of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the designers and artist, in a goal focused team. Collaborate with the gameplay team to implement various UI features both in the front-end and in-game.
You will be a hardworking motivated team player, who is able to work within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community, to create and be responsible for the crucial communication between player and game, to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- This position is based in Guildford and you will report to the Lead UI Programmer.
What will you do?
- Design and implement the HUD for the core gameplay
- Design and implement the game front-end interface system
- Work closely with the UI art and UX teams to balance performance, visual impact and usability
- Communicate with backend services for dynamic and persistent player and game data
What are we looking for?
- Experience developing user interfaces in the games industry
- Solid C++ skills
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Loves working in cross-discipline feature teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with UMG
- Experience developing for PC, as well as different console platforms
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.