Wargaming is looking for a Render Programmer to work on World of Warships: Legends in our brand-new Belgrade office.
World of Warships: Legends is the best naval game around, letting you take the command of legendary warships from the period of the 20th century as you battle your way across the open sea with other players.
The project is driven by a team of international developers who combine talent with their passion for video games, resulting in World of Warships: Legends being a favorite hobby for millions all around the globe with keeping its community ever-growing!
What will you do?
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management, and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies, investigate possible improvements, and implement them.
What are we looking for?
- Artist vision for gamedev rendering techniques and artistic texture drawing additional skills;
- Knowledgeable in some of FX techniques: Particles, PostFX, HDR, LightMaps, Shadows, Water, Decals;
- Experience with any of artist tools and applications: ShaderToy, Maya, Photoshop, Houdini;
- Experience in writing of runtime performance aware shader code;
- Understanding of the graphics pipeline and how shaders work;
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.
- Knowledge of C++.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Ability to work with artists, designers and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology;
- Ability to debug shaders and engine-level code;
- Experience and understanding of modern graphics APIs (DirectX11, 12, OpenGL, Vulkan);
- Experience with multithreaded programming;
- Passionate about playing and making games.
Wargaming Belgrade is a game development studio in Serbia and a key member of the Wargaming global network. Our studio is home to talented and dedicated teams of game developers, artists, and designers, one of them being World of Warships team, who are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Belgrade office benefits include:
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum of 20 working days (maximum +5 working)
- Days dependent on years of services with Wargaming Group
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Team buildings / corporate events
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Referral program with rewards
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.