We're in the final stages of developing a cutting-edge cross-platform F2P game, and we're looking for a Senior 2D Artist to help bring our vision to life.
As a company that develops legendary MMO projects for PC, consoles, and mobile platforms, including well-known titles such as "World of Tanks" and "World of Warships" we are constantly setting ambitious goals for ourselves and seeking talented professionals to join us in creating world-class games, learning, sharing experiences, and actively developing themselves.
You will report to the Marketing Director.
What will you do?
- Full-cycle development of promo materials in various techniques (primarily matte painting): battle scenes, backgrounds for loading screens, illustrations in comic style, object visualization with post-processing, etc
- Planning team workflow (estimations, deadlines) and forecasting results
- Analyzing art, identifying its strengths and weaknesses, and providing constructive feedback in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborating with a team of designers to create necessary artistic materials
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in freehand drawing in Adobe Photoshop using a graphics tablet
- Confident knowledge of composition, color, and light, with the ability to apply them in practice
- Experience in the gaming industry in a similar position
- The ability to analyze art, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and provide constructive feedback in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to plan team workflow and forecast results
- Strong Photoshop skills and experience in creating photorealistic digital images using matte painting techniques
- Proficient use of and experience with any of the listed 3D software (Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, UE4) for creating and rendering 3D scenes
- A portfolio showcasing professional experience in creating full-fledged art
- The ability to work in a given art style
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Artistic education
- Passion for video games
- Experience in forming and developing a team
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.