The role will involve working on the rendering systems of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work closely with the technical artists on the project to improve the look of the game and supply new shaders to the artists.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
The Senior Graphics Programmer reports to the Game Lead and can be based remotely or hybrid working in our Guildford studio.
What will you do?
- Add new functionality to the existing renderer
- Work closely with technical artists
- Add custom shaders
- Support artists, designers and gameplay programmers with all thing’s graphics related.
- Profile and optimise the rendering code
What are we looking for?
- Broad graphics programming knowledge
- Experience with Intel GPA and PIX
- Deep understanding of hardware 3D rendering pipeline
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write high-performance robust code
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with AAA games
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!