You will join Global Technology & Platform/Consoles Product Group to help with special projects as well as global initiatives within the company. Special projects cover wide spectrum of innovative technologies ranging from machine learning to NFT's.
You'll be using your engineering and problem solving skills with the aim to turn research into technical prototypes and user facing products.
You will identify and recommend improvements to various game development processes at different levels.
This can be fully remote position. You will be working with Wargaming offices in United States, Europe, Australia.
What will you do?
- Implement features and technical prototypes within games realm
- Perform software/vendor technical analysis
- Perform code, documentation and technology reviews related to legal requests
- Evaluate technical feasibility of new and innovative technologies
- Participate in global initiatives and process improvements on organizational level
- Maintain knowledge of, and propose, technical advances based on newer technologies in the industry
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or relevant field (or equivalent)
- At least 3-5 years’ of experience directly related to game development. 7-10 years commercial experience
- One or more shipped game titles
- Knowledge of the latest gaming technological trends
- Experience with Unreal/Unity/Lumberyard, or with other engines
- Proficiency with C++, Python
- Familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Must be comfortable switching development environments, standards and code bases quickly and effectively
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced English level
- Able to work independently as well as in small teams with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications skills; time and project management skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience developing ML experimentation platforms, libraries or tools
- Experience with open source ML libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, XGBoost, SkLearn
- Experience in applying machine learning to real-world domains
- Demonstrate understanding of modern content pipelines in AAA games
- Worked with multiple disciplines: Art, Sound, Engineering, Design, QA
- Familiar with other programming languages such as Java, Scala, Rust, Golang, Lua
- Experience with cross-platform game development.
- Exposure to working with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes a plus
- Russian is a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!