World of Tanks (WoT) development team is hungry for a Front-End Developer (Flash). We are looking for an experienced developer, who either has had worked extensively in Flash before and is still able to use his skills to help us deliver cutting-edge Front-End solutions or is still actively working in Flash and wants to use his skills while also having opportunity to learn new Front-End technology and move in his career. Our game was built on Flash but now is transitioning towards web based Front-End solution. You would be extending current interfaces and helping to build new ones. Your work would be mainly in Flash but secondly in some other domain. You will work on biggest online game World of Tanks PC, and work closely with UX designers, game designers and gameplay programmers to deliver the best UI experience to the players.
The Flash Developer will report to the Engineering manager.
What will you do?
- Compose graphical interfaces for core and meta-gameplay
- Prototype new UI solutions for versioned features and mechanics
- Involved closely with the UX and Gameplay departments to create great UI solutions
- Develop UI-logic
- Keep in touch with the leading UI community over all the locations, involved in WoT development
What are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge of Flash specifically Action Script and Adobe Animate
- Intermediate in either JS/ReactJs or Python language
- Passion for the video game industry and hungry to learn
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Good soft skills, be able to influence people's opinions by expertise
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Passed experience with web based Front-End
- Familiar with unit testing
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology
- Collaboration with cross-functional team and external teams on design and implementation of features.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!