Wargaming Kyiv is looking for a Game Designer to lead the creation of Level design for the next big PC/Console free-to-play Vehicle Shooter title using Unreal Engine 4.
What will you do?
- Design PvP Vehicle Shooter gameplay experience, gamemodes, levels and combat mechanics
- Act as producer for levels you design, as well as other parts of the game, facilitating communication across disciplines, clearing dependencies, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and other game designers to craft the vision of your levels and the game
- Plan and model simplified geometry environmental layouts using UE4, place game objects, and script level progression. Provide design documentation
- Develop metrics for levels/objects according to core gameplay
- Perform extensive level play-testing, reviews, balance, and iteration
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry as a Level designer. Preferably in PC MMO, PvP/PvE Shooters, Vehicle games
- Strong understanding of shooter level and combat design principles
- Ability to see the game as a whole
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes
- Knowledge on how to work with landmarks and player guidance through level design
- Understanding on how objects respond according to the laws of physics
- Good understanding of tools provided by Unreal Engine
- Understanding of simple scripting concepts of UE Blueprints or other scripting language
- Proficient and effective communication skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Hands-on experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
- Strong visual/artistic skills
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience
- Able to put yourself in the player’s shoes
- Love to PvP/PvE shooters and Vehicle games
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!