Wargaming Berlin are looking for a programmer experienced using Unity to be part of a brand new development team working on an exciting new mobile game.The ideal candidate should be goal-oriented and understand that optimizing artist and designer workflow is as important as clean, elegant code. You have a good understanding of the common pitfalls of Unity development and are comfortable optimizing and refactoring large, multi-platform projects. You’ll be writing some of the first lines of code in the project, and as more devs join the team they will look to you for guidance.
The Unity Programmer reports directly to the Lead Developer
What will you do?
- Work with your team to design and implement technical solutions to tricky game development problems
- Evaluate requirements of other departments and build pipelines and/or workflows as appropriate
- Implement game features
What are we looking for?
- Fluency in C#
- 2+ years professional programming experience and/or experience shipping 1/2+ successful games
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Experience owning a technical feature from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Real passion for video games
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems
- Shipped a console or multi-platform title using Unity
What we offer at Wargaming Berlin:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Flexible working hours & work from home whenever needed
- Public transportation, Lunch and Sport & Culture benefits
- Free Gym membership
- Travel and accident insurance (covers you at all times)
- Mobile phone and Home internet
- Soft drinks, coffee, snacks, random treats and office events/parties
- Relocation support when needed
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!